Thursday, August 18, 2005

Well, I'm waiting...

I have done a lot of searching on the Internet over the last year or so and I'll tell you that I have yet to find any argument FROM THE LEFT against the Iraq war that makes sense. The only argument (I.e. a position supported by facts) I've heard against the Iraq war has come from the right (the Libertarian or 'Paleocon' right), namely, it's not worth the expense.

From the left I get this:

"The President lied!"
"The Neocons are trying to rule the world!"
"The fundamentalists have taken over DC!"
"It's all about oil!"

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

No thinking person can take these people seriously.

What is most alarming is that intelligent people have been fooled into thinking that somehow the Republican party has gained some kind of "mind weapon" that steals away people's wills and makes them vote Republican.

This is not political discourse, it is mass hysteria.

Sadly, the Democratic Party thinks, apparently, that inducing mental illness is a sound plan for regaining power.

Who are the dangerous people here?

The Republicans are not perfect, but compared to raving lunatics...well, it's no contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home