Thursday, July 06, 2006

Time to dig out the suitcase?

Despite my hopes and optimistic beliefs in mankind, I would be lying if I didn't admit that despite my best efforts and those of many liberty minded people, it looks like only a matter of time before the United States goes down the road that the United Kingdom has been traveling for many years now: the road of nanny-state prohibitionism. The Brits have banned handguns and all but banned long-guns. Knives and swords are about to be banned and shortly they will find themselves asking 'Nanny' for permission to keep a cricket bat in the basement. All this has happened despite the fact that the growth of the number of prohibited items has not been met by a concomitant decline in violence and crime. In fact, quite the opposite has occurred. But, since a government NEVER admits it was wrong, a failed policy will remain – forever and ever, Amen. Perhaps after they take away all the belts and shoe-laces, the British Isles will finally know tranquility, peace and harmony. It seems a foregone conclusion that the emotional, unreasonable and illogical course of action to which the UK is committed will be copied here.

Not me. I’m not going to go willingly into serfdom. The instant this country implements a firearms registry, or anything like that, I’m voting for the last time as an American - with my feet. I’ll find someplace where liberty is still cherished – or at least available for sale.

God save the Republic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home